We are pleased to celebrate Basquiat x Warhol, an extensive examination of the compelling, albeit complex relationship between two master artists during the final years of their lives.
Please make careful note of the ticket options when you register, and RSVP on our events page HERE
Please join us for the celebration!
Drinks, music, and local fare
Jack Shainman Gallery will be providing a bus from New York City to Kinderhook. The bus will leave 513 West 20th Street at 11:30am. The return bus will depart Kinderhook at 6:30pm. Reservations for the bus are essential, please specify which return bus you will be taking: RSVP HERE
The bus from New York to Kinderhook is fully booked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Kinderhook is easily accessible by car or public transportation via Amtrak. The nearest train station is in Hudson, NY.
Lyft and Uber do offer limited service in Hudson. Alternatively, please contact one of the below local cab companies to get from the train station to The School.
LOCAL CAR AND TAXI SERVICES:
Green Bee We Taxi & Errand Service
S Taxi Inc.
Driving directions to The School from NYC
Driving directions to The School from NYC:
1. Henry Hudson Pkwy N. (go 0.34 miles)
2. Merge onto Saw Mill River Pkwy N via the exit on the left. (go 16.09 miles)
3. Merge onto Taconic State Pkwy N via EXIT 26 toward Albany. (go 76.81 miles)
4. Exit at NY-82 Ancram/Hudson, bear right on exit ramp. (go 5.15 miles)
5. At light, go right onto Route 9H and 23. Continue to follow NY-9H.
6. Exit right onto route 21-Kinderhook (this is about a mile past the Martin Van Buren house)
7. At stop sign, go right, follow 21 over the bridge and up to the traffic light.
8. Go left at the traffic light
9. The School will be on the left, just past the church.
Driving directions to The School from Hudson
1. Start out going southeast on Columbia St/NY-23B/NY-9G toward N 5th St. Continue to follow Columbia St/NY-23
2. Turn slight left onto Green St/US-9 N/NY-23B
3. Take the 3rd left onto Fairview Ave/US-9N. Continue to follow US-9 N
4. Arrive at 25 Broad St on the right
Columbia County Regional Airport
Driving directions to The School from Columbia County Airport, 1142 New York 9H, Ghent, NY 12075
1. Start out going north on State Route 9H/NY-9H toward Lower Post Rd. (go 7.15 miles)
2. Turn right. - 0.9 miles past Fischer Rd
3. Take the 1st right onto McCagg Rd/County Hwy-21. Continue to follow County Hwy-21.
4. Turn left onto Broad St/US-9 S.
5. 25 BROAD ST is on the left.
Budget Accomodations and Hotels
In Valatie, about 5 minutes from Kinderhook:
For safety reasons, backpacks and other large bags will not be permitted inside the exhibition. Bag check will be limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. The School and Jack Shainman Gallery will not be responsible for any lost or stolen goods.
*Cover photo: Nick Cave performance at the opening of The School, May 17, 2014.